What is internal launch and how to prepare for it ?
- People in the company must be built up an excitement around major product launches, these are true milestones of success.
- This is what one needs an internal product launch for.
- Internal product launch can be amazing vehicle to communicate with the people inside the company.
- Such a launch should be filled with much fanfare.
- Executives and product leads should give speeches, food and music should be accompanied to build up the excitement – go for even balloon drops if budget allows! Large billboards ! where possible in public areas internal to the firm.
- In most firm, client facing teams are also consumer’s of the firm’s product everyday. Such people when excited will help channel the product’s message to friends, family and new customers who they have close dear relationships with.
- Everyone in the firm should be able to rally for the company, for which a proper “buzz” needs to be created, people feel good about the company; they are energized and engaged.
- This also creates an army of educated people, many of whom interact with customers, vendors or ecosystem partners thus propagating the same excitement.
- The core purpose of internal launch is to ensure that everyone is on board and that people are excited that their company is an active, recognized competitor!
An approach to build up relevant buzz around product launches with entire firm rallying behind it with excitement.
Source: Haines, S. (n.d.). The Product Manager’s Desk Reference.