What is a strategic mix and associated marketing mix model ?
- There are 6 strategic mix elements that must be integrated and aligned in order to guide a product’s business. These include the following:
- Markets on which to focus
- Required human / financial resources
- Product roadmap elements that must be assembled
- Other marketing mix components that support the product’s business goals
- Future product life cycle performance indicators
- Operational capacity requirements
- Below is a diagram of strategic mix and the associated marketing model to keep the above points in perspective.
An understanding how to generate a marketing mix that is based on key strategic factors and not creating the mix in vacuum by itself – which might not be effective.
Source: Haines, S. (n.d.). The Product Manager’s Desk Reference.