What is a common template to plan customer visits ?
- The accurate documentation of customer visit is a vital element of market research.
- A product manager can plan a visit with salesperson or account manager.
- Procedurally you can’t initiate this alone – you need to respect the assigned point-of-contact’s domain who manages that relationship.
- When you have a clear plan for what you want to accomplish for a visit requireing travel, you improve the odds of your travel request to be approved, restrictions or not.
- Customer visits are generally carried out when your products are sold to other businesses.
- B2B organizations have a target customer type, which include buyers, users, influencers and decision makers
- Based on who you are meeting you can plan the template accordingly in terms of what questions you can have answered by whom, and what resources you need to accompany you in that meeting.
To have a productive customer visit with accurately collected information that can go into your market research pool of data.
Source: Haines, S. (n.d.). The Product Manager’s Desk Reference.