How to manage Cross-Functional Team Membership Across the Life Cycle ?
- As products move from one area of work to another (from New Product planning to New Product Introduction, for example) or from one phase to another, team membership will evolve. The table below provides a way to identify team members who need to be associated with the team at various phases across the entire life cycle.
- The template can be modified to your own environment and include names of the business functions that are specific to your business environment
- Establishing such teams is the responsibilities of the executives or senior business leaders who are cross-functional themselves abd wgi have portfolio level oversight for several product lines or portfolios.
- The key point is to always maintain a relevant membership in the cross-functional product team
- Any functional area that has a vested interest in or needed expertise for a particular phase should participate in the team.
To have a clear plan of action which teams to engage in which phases of product development life cycle for adequate input.
Source: Haines, S. (n.d.). The Product Manager’s Desk Reference.