What are some of the must haves before an item makes it on your roadmap ?
- Quick nuggets below Source: LINK
Must-Haves to Demand Before Any Item Gets on Your Product Roadmap
1. It must have true value for your customers.
2. Its value must be supported by evidence.
3. It must have an owner.
4. It must “fit” onto the roadmap, given all of the other items already there.
The final must-have we would suggest is that the item in question can be handled on the roadmap while still leaving enough room and resources for all of the roadmap’s other items to flourish as well.
3 Reasons it’s a Smart Strategy to Establish a List of Must-Haves for Items to Earn a Place on Your Roadmap
1. It will help you make better strategic decisions about what belongs on the roadmap.
2. It will help you show solid reasoning when you have to turn down a colleague’s request to add something to the roadmap.
3. It will guide your colleagues to start thinking more strategically about their requests before they even bring them to you.
An understanding of the quick qualifying criteria.